The purpose of the Practical Initiatives action was to allow each region to undertake a practical application of the marine socio-economic database with the active engagement of regional and marine stakeholders.
- Undertake the practical work utilising the database (e.g., identification of marine sectors in specific areas with potential for further economic development) and publish the results
- Increase awareness of the availability and utility of the marine socio-economic database and
- Identify, through practical usage, further data requirements and elaborations of the database for further development
Partners have already identified possible practical initiatives in each of their regions, for example: –
- An assessment of the impacts of regional marine renewable energy strategies on local SMEs in terms of supply and manufacturing activities and job creation potential.
- An analysis of the strategic contribution of Marine Science and Technology Parks in enhancing the strength of maritime clusters.
- Economic evaluation of Maritime Transport demand in Atlantic Regions.
Action leader: University of Basque Country (UPV/EHU), Spain.